How to: Renew A Book, etc.
You may want to print out this page for future reference.
- On the Library's Online Catalog, select the link at the top called "Patron Info & Self Renew." On the library's homepage, select the
labeled "Renew A Book."
- A login page will appear and you will be asked to enter your name
14 digit library barcode number. Click the "Submit" button
will be logged in to your account.
NOTE: If for some reason your login is not accepted, please visit the
circulation desk at the library or call us at 722-1255 so that we can correct it.
Once you have logged into your account, you will see your personal information and several links. Select the link "Items currently checked out."
- The list of titles will appear at the bottom of the screen. You can then click
the "Renew All" button or click in the box beside specific items and then
select the "Renew Selected Items" button. Note: Do not click directly on
the titles or you will display the catalog record instead.
- After renewing the item(s), verify the status. It will indicate if the renewal
was successful. The status will also indicate the reason an item could not be
renewed. It is also recommended that you print out the page documenting
the renewal status.
There may be some items that cannot be renewed. Reasons for not being able to renew a title include:
- The item has already been renewed once.
- The item has a hold for another person.
- The item is a format that is not renewable, such as a DVD or video.
- There is a block on your record because fines are owed.
- Your library card may have expired since the original check-out date.
- The item is overdue or your record is blocked because of other overdue items.
For the last three situations, you will need to come into the library and update your library record and clear up any outstanding items or fines.
Of course you may still renew in person or by phone if it is more convenient. Just make sure you have your library card available when you call in since we'll need your card number.
For additional assistance please call the library at 722-1255.