How to: Place a Hold
You may want to print out this page for future reference.
1. Search the library catalog for the specific item that you wish to reserve.
2. Click the red "Hold Request" link near the top of the page.
3. The "Hold Request" form will appear enter your name and 14 digit library barcode number. From the drop down box, select "Hughes Public Library" as your pick-up location.
NOTE: If for some reason your login is not accepted, please visit the circulation desk at the library or call us at 722-1255 so that we can correct it.
4. Click the "Submit" button. If you do not click on it, your request will not be submitted.
5. The next screen should say: "Your request was successful". The message may also indicate that your request was unsuccessful and should tell you why. For instance, an item may be reference, your card may be expired, or you may have fines. Please check with a staff member if you have questions about the reason an item could not be held.
6. Clicking the "Another Search" button will allow you to continue searching the catalog and to return to your account simply by clicking on the "Patron Record" button.
7. To logout of the system click the "Home" or "Start Over" button. The "Regular Display" button will bring you back to the item record.
If you need assistance searching for an item, you may view the HALAN Help pages by clicking on the "HELP" link located at the top and bottom of the search screen. For additional assistance please call the library at 722-1255.