How to: Place a Hold
You may want to print out this page for future reference.
1. Search the library catalog for the specific item that you wish to reserve.
2. Click the blue "Place Hold" button on the right hand of the screen.
3. The "Place Hold" form will appear. If you are not signed in, you will be prompted to put in your barcode number and PIN. From the drop down box, select "Nederland -- Marion and Ed Hughes Public Library" as your pick-up location.
NOTE: If for some reason your login is not accepted, please visit the circulation desk at the library or call us at 722-1255 so that we can correct it.
4. Click the "Place Hold" button. If you do not click on it, your request will not be submitted.
5. The next screen should say: "Title Action Success. Then click OK button". The message may also indicate that your request was unsuccessful and should tell you why. For instance, an item may be reference, your card may be expired, or you may have fines. Please check with a staff member if you have questions about the reason an item could not be held.
6. To logout of the system click the "Logout" button. The "Regular Display" button will bring you back to the item record.
If you need assistance searching for an item, you may view the HALAN Help pages by clicking on the "HELP" link located at the top and bottom of the search screen. For additional assistance please call the library at 722-1255.